Any idea when the Eclipse round might start?
I’m not sure yet. My real life is incredibly hectic right now. Hoping for May. Sorry for the wait!
24601 by giselle-lx
The thing that Edward can’t admit is that you don’t let go of who you are.
O, Lost by Carson Dyle
Bella’s reaction to their breakup is well documented. But what about Edward? Was he content, knowing he’d returned her to safety and the chance for a fulfilling life? Did he celebrate, go on a killing binge, join eHarmony.com? Maybe it went something like this…
A Good Liar by Raum
The first time the Grim Reaper visited Edward, it was in the form of the Spanish influenza. The second time, Death had the lovely face of Bella Swan.
BEST USE OF PROMPT
Sun Ray by Raum
Aro’s take on New Moon. Why can’t an old man enjoy some leisure time in peace?
Other participating entries (in alphabetical order):
As If I Never Existed by KristenLynn
After her disastrous birthday party, Edward prepares to leave. But what if Bella doesn’t fall for his lie? To what extremes will Edward go in order to ensure that that Bella truly forgets about him? “It will be as if I never existed.” Canon/NM AU
Contingency by MegsD2
As a soldier, trained to protect in both his human life and his immortal one, how does Jasper Whitlock manage when he learns that his mate is on the way to risk her own life for another and there’s nothing he can do to stop her?
Did I Do This? by idealskeptic
Esme has always been the glue that holds her immortal vampire together. Can her strength endure when Alice, Edward, and Bella are in Italy facing the Volturi?
Diverging Roads by bonnysammy
Bella’s life has taken an unexpected turn from a traumatic experience. James’ attack held more sway than previously thought. In response, she has ostracized herself for the safety of others. How will she cope?
Divide, The by Aleeab4u
Bella’s human friends unwittingly sabotage Alice’s party plans, altering the events in NM. Given the chance, can Edward and Bella avoid broken hearts? AU
Firebrand by smexy4smarties
I can see your heart in your eyes; it beats and you wince. It stutters and your vision skips, passes right over me to stare across the cafeteria at that table. He sat there. But he left you. I’m here.
Freefall by karenec
When I left Forks, I knew I was nothing without Bella. But knowing now that the world is without her has left me broken and burning and falling.
In Pieces by idealskeptic
When Bella starts receiving mysterious puzzle pieces in the mail, Charlie takes notice and works with the unknown sender to try and help his daughter put the pieces of herself back together.
Indomitable by Bells Just Bells
Emmett loves his family, and always dives in head first to protect them. So what is he supposed to do when protecting them is taken out of his control?
La Tua Cantante by Holly-SA-Cullen
When Aro decides that Bella should be changed into a vampire in Volterra, how will Edward react? Will he just stand by and let everything he’s tried to stop happen?
Less Than A Second by MidnightAriel
In a moment of weakness, Jasper snaps at Bella during her birthday. How does the slip that last for less than second affect him and his wife? Pull up a chair at the Cullen family meeting that happened after Edward took Bella home.
Letter, The by bonnysammy
A mother’s love (and meddling) knows no bounds. Unbeknownst to Edward, Esme gets in touch with Bella.
Letters from Esme by katmom
A mother’s love (and meddling) knows no bounds. Unbeknownst to Edward, Esme stays in touch with Bella.
My Impotence by SqueakyZorro
As Forks’ police chief, Charlie was used to being in charge. While he loved having Bella with him, he’d experienced a rude shock when he realized that a father can’t truly be “in charge” of his teenage daughter. During the ups and downs of Bella’s relationship with Edward, Charlie understood for the first time the true meaning of impotence.
Not So Empty Pages by LJ Summers
Required to “write through her pain” after Edward leaves her in New Moon, Bella finds support in online anonymity and, in an effort to flush the Cullens out, she actually divulges their true nature. But internet anonymity is not really as comprehensive as she had believed.
Out of Phase by Rel8tivity
The werewolf gene has passed Jacob by, leaving him completely mortal. What will happen now that he can no longer protect Bella?
Reverie by lovepath
While Edward hunted, how did Bella survive her fear that he might leave her…again? A post-New Moon interlude, rated T.
Role Reversal by Glitterb1234
Painful truths become apparent on the night of Bella’s birthday party, leaving her feeling she has no choice but to end her relationship with Edward. Will an unexpected disaster be enough to change her mind?
Shifting by twitina
Who knew so much could change in the blink of an eye? I’d already lost Sam, so losing my father when I lost myself shouldn’t have come as a surprise.
Slips Away by KayMarieXW
What might have happened if Jacob was a bit further away when Bella dived off the cliff? How much difference could a few miles or minutes really make?
Spirit on the Wind by angeleyes1uk
A poem inspired by The Song of Hiawatha by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. An upset to the balance of La Push’s guardian spirits culminates in Leah’s first shift.
We Tend Not To Get Attacked By Bears by as63926
Bella always had dreams of things happening around her. What if she had a dream after her birthday party of Edward leaving? What would change?
What Comes From Cullen by kimmydonn
A young vampire with a similar story shakes Marcus out of his fog, for a little while.
Who We Are by dooba
It will be as if I never existed, Edward said. What if he comes back for his Bella and finds out she has made herself believe that indeed he was never real?
Written on the Wind by Openhome
What would happen if what you are demanded that you lose everything you love the most? This is the story of one woman’s courage in the face of immeasurable loss.
GO READ! You can now view the New Moon entries of the Canon Tour! There are twenty-nine entries. If you read all of them, that’s roughly 182,000 words(!) for you to enjoy through February 7th!
When you’re satisfied that you’ve read all you want, GO VOTE for your three favorite entries and the entry you think best used a prompt.
Ballot results will be announced on February 8th!
With just three more days in the submission period for the New Moon round, I’m extending the deadline! I’m sorry for the sudden change, but after receiving so many emails and direct messages asking me to extend, and after not receiving as many entries due to the holidays, I think it’d be good to bump the deadline up by a few days. I want this round to be as awesome as all the others have been!
So, for all you slackers who were with family and junk for the holidays (pfft), you have until JANUARY 27TH to submit your entry. I hope you can! :)
At the time of my writing this, you have 14 days left to submit your entries to the Canon Tour’s New Moon round. Not many entries have been submitted yet—my goal is to always have at least 15 in a round, else I’ll extend the deadline—so I’m still eagerly waiting to see what everyone’s cooking up. :)
Don’t forget there are a plethora of textual, visual and musical prompts for this round and a new placement for Best Use of Prompt!
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
Here are all the prompts for the “New Moon” round of the Canon Tour. (There are a lot, so, you know, you can’t say you don’t have any ideas!) Please remember these are only potential prompts. You’re not required to use them, but welcome to do so if you want. :) Don’t forget this round has a new placement award, too, for “Best Use of Prompt!” Get to writing!
- A heartbroken Bella dates Mike Newtorn. It doesn’t go at all as she expected.
- A month after the Cullens leave, Alice and Jasper return.
- A mother’s love (and meddling) knows no bounds. Unbeknownst to Edward, Esme stays in touch with Bella.
- A pox on birthdays! Bella’s never had a good one. There was the time when… And then at age 10… Now, at 18, it’s chicken pox.
- A year after Edward leaves, Bella’s doing better than expected. She goes overseas on exchange, where their paths cross again.
- After Jasper attacks Bella, Edward decides to leave his family so he can maintain his relationship with Bella. (@Devy_Artemis)
- After the birthday disaster, Bella breaks up with Edward, thinking she’s hurting him by being in his life. (@Devy_Artemis) @TheCanonTour
- After three years, Jacob learns a hard lesson: some people can’t be healed, no matter how much you love them.
- At first Bella was sad when Edward left. Then she was angry. Now she’s going to get even.
- Based on this outtake (http://bit.ly/s4QbUn), Bella takes the money and gives it to those in need. Important life lessons are learned.
- Bella LOSES it and goes back on her promise. She tells the (online) world just who and WHAT Edward Cullen is.
- Bella put Renee and Charlie under considerable stress. What conversations were her parents having that she was unaware of?
- Bella takes to the road in The Thing and runs away from all that’s happened.
- Bella’s heart burns in bitter envy when she sees Angela and Ben in love with each other despite their differences. (@Devy_Artemis)
- Edward decides to commit suicide by jumping into an Andean volcano. (via @Devy_Artemis)
- Wanting to ease Bella into leaving him of her own free will, Edward does certain things that’ll make him fall in her eyes. (@Devy_Artemis)
- Emily had always been secretly jealous of Leah’s relationship with Sam…
- Give us Billy’s perspective on any/all of the following: Jacob’s change, the flight of the Cullens, Bella’s depression & friendship with J.
- Give us Victoria’s perspective as she leads Edward south and then ditches him before heading back to Forks.
- Help us understand Victoria’s undying love for her dead mate. How does this shape and fuel her vengeance?
- How did Gianna come to be in the position she is in with the Volturi?
- How does Heidi manage to lure such a large collection of tasty treats into the Volturi’s “dining hall?”
- “I stood upon a high place / And saw, below, many devils / Running, leaping, / and carousing in sin. / One looked up, grinning, / And said, ‘Comrade! Brother!’” —“I Stood Upon a High Place” by Stephen Crane
- Jacob loves Bella, but to the tribe, she’s an outsider.
- Jasper needed to feed on Bella’s birthday. What if he’d lost it at school, before her party? What if he killed in front of everyone?
- Jasper’s slip-up scares Edward into wanting to change Bella. Is she as ready to let go of her humanity as she thinks?
- Mike sometimes sees Bella as a friend, sometimes as his crush, and wishes he could fix her so she’d start living again. (@Devy_Artemis)
- On the flight back to the States from Italy, there’s stormy weather that the pilot isn’t sure they’ll survive.
- Renee takes B to Volterra. She’s killed, but B’s saved because of her gift. Learning of B’s “death,” E heads to Volterra. @Devy_Artemis
- Seeing Leah phase spurred Harry’s heart attack. How does she cope with her guilt?
- Show five brief glimpses of moments Edward missed Bella during their time apart and one time he DIDN’T.
- The Cullens are gone. Victoria’s picking off Bella’s friends one by one. Bella decides to fight back. (@BookishQua)
- The impact of the imprint on Sam: How helpless does one feel when he has no say in choosing his soulmate? (@Devy_Artemis)
- Victoria always came second to James’ machinations. What if she felt she could see some of herself in Bella Swan?
- We know that losing Edward broke Bella, but in what ways did it make her grow stronger?
- What did Jasper think about Alice going to Italy to save Edward? What did he say to Edward in the aftermath? (@BookishQua)
- What did the other students of Forks High think of the Cullens’ sudden disappearance and Bella’s depression?
- What did the teachers of Forks High think of E & B’s relationship, the Cullens’ sudden disappearance, and Bella’s subsequent depression?
- What did Victoria say that convinced Laurent to leave Irina in search of Bella?
- What happened on the first day back at Forks High after Alice, Bella and Edward’s return from Italy?
- What if Alice hadn’t returned to Forks after she saw Bella jump? What if she’d only called instead?
- What if Aro had demanded Alice change Bella right there in the chamber? Could Edward have stood by and watched?
- What if Aro had demanded Edward change Bella right there rather than waiting? Could Bella have handled being transformed?
- What if Bella had gone to Jacksonville after Edward left? What then?
- What if Bella looked like Didyme? How would that have changed the visit to Italy? (via @BookishQua)
- What if Edward got the chance to rat Aro out to Marcus for murdering his mate? (via @BookishQua)
- What if Edward had been honest with Bella about why he had to leave, but left anyway?
- What if Jacob and Bella had run away from everything? Would they get far? What would they discover about themselves and the world?
- What if Jacob had handed the phone to Bella when Edward called? Would Edward have returned?
- What if Jacob never became a shapeshifter?
- What if Jasper managed to bite Bella at her birthday party? (via @latessitrice)
- What if Sam’s “gang” really was just a gang?
- What if the Cullens had refused to leave Forks and Bella? What would Edward have done? (via @BookishQua)
- What if the Volturi crashed Bella’s birthday party? (via @BookishQua)
- What things might Bella have had to give up because they reminded her of Edward?
- What were Carlisle and Esme thinking when they decided to leave town? How did they rationalize leaving a “daughter” behind? (via @BookishQua)
- What’s a little misdemeanor when you’ve lost Edward Cullen? Seems like just yesterday Chief Swan wasn’t having to arrest his own daughter.
- What’s it like to be a new wolf? Tell us the boys’ (and girl’s) stories.
- When Edward leaves, Bella tries to keep hold of his memory by taking up piano lessons.
- When Edward wants to leave after Bella’s birthday, Alice refuses to go along with his plan.
- Who has Demetri tracked over the years?
- Who was the owner of the Yellow Porsche?
- Why exactly did Leah become the first female Quileute shapeshifter? Is she really the first?
- The Antlers - Putting the Dog to Sleep
“You’re not gonna die alone, but trust me to take you home, to clean up that blood all over your paws.”
- Blue Foundation - Bonfires
“You wash my tears away and make me wanna stay. And bonfires lit up the shores.”
- Birds Escape - You Don’t Know Me
“You don’t really want me, because you don’t really love me.”
- Emily and the Woods - Steal His Heart
“I can’t steal his heart, but I can steal back mine…”
- Florence + the Machine - Blinding
“No more dreaming like a girl so in love with the wrong world.”
- Headphones - I Never Wanted You
“No, we never connected. You only thought we did. Baby, I was faking the whole time.”
- Kleerup and Lykke Li - Until We Bleed
“So we’re bound to linger on. We drink the fatal drop, then love until we bleed. Then fall apart in parts.”
- Madeleine Peyroux - Love and Treachery
“…all was love and treachery, but isn’t anymore.”
- The National - Anyone’s Ghost
“Didn’t want to be your ghost—didn’t want to be anyone’s ghost. I don’t want anybody else.”
- Paolo Nutini - White Lies
“First love grows, and then it dies, and it’s all white lies.”
- Snow Patrol - Mysterious Ways (U2 Cover)
“You could stand there. You could move on this moment. Follow this feeling.”
- The Staves - Winter Trees [Begin at 1:00.]
“I never meant to say any of those things. Oh, I never meant to tell you how to feel or how to think. Oh, I was wrong.”
Important Dates for the New Moon Round
- December 10th - January 27th, 11:59 p.m. CST: Participants may submit their entries via email at this time. (Remember to read the rules before submitting!)
- January 28th: Anonymous entries posted on the FFn profile, in random order.
- January 28th - February 7th: This round’s voting period. (Subject to change if there are lots of entries or any mishaps.)
- February 8th: Winners announced on Twitter, the newsletter and here. All authors revealed.
- February 8th/9th: Authors free to post their entries on their profiles after announcements and PM the FFn profile to have it added to favorites.
Hey, you, read this!
As of this round, I’m adding a new placement slot for Best Use of Prompt! This will be a separate award placement from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placements that will continue to operate the way they did in previous rounds. In the ballot, there will be a fourth voting option in which readers will vote on the best story out of those that used one of the Canon Tour’s round prompts. There will be textual, visual and musical prompts.
Rules for the New Moon Round
- K through M ratings.
- You can submit up to two entries.
- Stories between 2,000 and 15,000 words. Unlike in previous rounds, I’ll not be splitting stories into chapters (sorry, it just takes too long!). If you need your 15k split up into “chapters,” give headings that will suit your needs accordingly.
- Collaborations between two writers are welcome.
- Canon and canon alternate universe (AU) fics. In general, anything that is canon or is an AU with strong canon elements will be accepted. Read more about what constitutes as canon and canon AU.
- Stories about any of the canon characters; this includes the major characters, the minor ones and those who were just a name on a page. You may write original characters, provided they are closely related to one or more of the canon characters and/or canon world/timeline. Writing about canon, human characters in the canon world is just fine, too.
- Stories that reflect the timeline/round that the Canon Tour is currently in. This is the New Moon round, so you’re able to submit fics that take place from the opening of New Moon, until the very end of the book. I will also accept post-New Moon / Pre-Eclipse stories. The Twilight Lexicon has a great timeline if you’re unsure of what dates this round encompasses.
What’s NOT Allowed:
- All-human (AH), real people fic (RPF) or crossover fics. While writing about canon, human characters in the canon world is a-okay, CEOwards and the like will be automatically rejected.
- Grammatically incorrect content. If you need a beta, I encourage you to get one through Project Team Beta or Sparkly Red Pen. If there are multiple errors within the first page of your entry, it will be returned to you for you to fix and resubmit. This will be done as many times as necessary.
- While you’re welcome to tell people you’re participating in the contest, DO NOT post your entries on your profile before announcements or publicly (or privately!) announce to anyone which entry is yours (betas are the one exception, of course). If I find out you’re doing this, I will remove your entry—no second chances. Please know that I will be watching for this. Seriously, this is me:
- Author’s notes that reveal who you or your beta(s) are. Keep A/Ns functional, not personal. I will edit A/Ns that reveal personal details and aren’t merely straightforward/factual.
- Entries that are already posted or related to pre-existing twifics. No outtakes.
- Plagiarism. Apparently I have to say this. If I find out you’ve plagiarized another’s work, you’ll be removed from the round entirely, and I will not accept entries from you again. Don’t even try it. It’s a waste of your time and mine.
- Technical definition of canon: a list of writings, officially recognized as genuine; a list of the works of an author that are accepted as authentic; a body of principles, rules, standards, or norms. Fan fiction is, of course, not genuine/authentic, but it can be nearly so by adhering to canon rules and standards. One of the strongest examples of “canon” fan fiction is that of a POV adaptation of a scene from the original books (e.g., Edward’s POV in Eclipse). Missing moments usually come as a close second. Canon fan fics aim to preserve the rules of the fictional world, as well as major events, romantic pairings and characters’ personalities.
- A canon AU (or “canon-like”) fan fic is one which deviates from one or more events, makes a character slightly “out of character” (OOC), changes the timeline, etc., but still attempts to keep a “canon feel” to the story in some or many ways. Examples of canon AU fan fics would be things like New Moon AUs, where Edward returns to Forks before Bella goes cliff diving; having a character die who didn’t in the original saga; or altering the timeline to have the Cullens move to Forks in Bella’s senior year; maybe Carlisle is more like Dr. Kevorkian than previously known. These small changes can yield significantly different storylines, but still feel true to canon.
- A note about non-canon pairings: Because these contests aim to provide more canon and canon-like works in the fandom, it’s highly unlikely that I will accept non-canon pairings. This has somewhat to do with the word count limit. Bending the canon universe enough to logically allow for a non-canon pairing set after the events of Twilight is difficult and rarely done well; doing so in fewer than 15,000 words is even less likely to be logical (e.g., Jasper suddenly realizing he wants to sex Bella up, rather than bite her on her birthday has no place here). If you really want to write a non-canon pairing and think you’ve tweaked the canon universe and/or characters in a logical fashion, feel free to email or PM your idea, and I’ll tell you whether I’ll accept it; if I won’t, I’ll explain why, so you can decide if you want to change your idea somehow. Sorry for the inconvenience, but there are already a lot of contests and community efforts that promote non-canon pairings.
Where/How to Send Entries:
- Send your entries in .doc or .docx format to email@example.com.
- Make your email subject The Canon Tour, New Moon Round - YourStoryTitleHere.
- In the body of your email, provide the following details: FFn profile website address, story prompt used (if you used one), story title, rating, pairing, summary and word count. If you have a Twitter account, tell me your @name, too.
What do I get if I win?
- Recognition through Twitter, the newsletter, the FFn profile and this website.
- Winners will receive a mention on The Twilight Awards and Twific News.
- Ongoing recognition. Unlike other participants, the first, second and third place winners of each round will have a permanent place on the FFn profile and in the newsletter’s signature.
What do I get for participating?
- Recognition through Twitter, the newsletter, the FFn profile and this website.
- After a round ends, all authors are encouraged to post their entries to their own profiles. If you PM the FFn profile after posting your entry to your profile, it will be permanently added to the Canon Tour’s FFn favorites.
As I hope to see some quality, canon twific come out of these contests, I want to share resources to help participating writers. I frequently encourage writers I work with to view these resources.
- Commas: in general, with direct addresses, and with interjections
- Dialogue Punctuation: using quotation marks and dialogue punctuation in fiction
- General Punctuation
- Run-On Sentences (a.k.a., comma splices)
- Semicolons (Video)
- Spelling / Word Confusion (Link 2, Link 3)
- The Dreaded Adverb Problem
- Cutting the Flab: Eliminate Extraneous Words
- Mary Sue, Who Are You?
- Show, Don’t (Just) Tell
Admin Solar Note: Thank you to all whom participated, read, reviewed and voted in this round! Just as with last time, the quality of the entries was great, so it was another close round! For the longest time, I thought there were going to be five first-place winners, and I was admittedly wondering how that was going to go over; however, it got narrowed down in the end.
Below you’ll find a list of the winners and participants for this round. In time, I hope the authors will upload their stories to their own accounts, so I’ll be able to favorite them on the Canon Tour FFn profile. Until then, you can at least get in touch with the authors!
Edward’s Awakening by duskwatcher2153
There was a sea change in Edward’s attitude toward Bella Swan between the time he’d left after that first disastrous Biology class and when he returned to Forks. It was on that dark highway to Alaska, that Edward realized the girl was more than just a tempting fragrance. Incredibly, something dark and tender was awakened from a place he’d long thought dead.
Omission by kimmydonn
What if Edward stayed in Alaska a day longer?
The All-Seeing I by latessitrice
“You’re her father. She’s supposed to hate you. If she does, she’ll grow out of it.” Twilight from Charlie’s eyes.
Other participating entries (in alphabetical order):
Altered Reality by angel_eyes1_uk
Twilight Saga AU. After the biology lesson from hell, the mysterious Edward Cullen never came back. What kind of life will Bella have? Better? Worse? Just different? ANGST
Blood is Thicker by katmom
What if Edward didn’t skip blood typing that day in Biology class?
Croon by smexy4smarties
I’ve been the human, dizzy and desperate for a boy that’s all dark perfection, and roll your eyes all you want, Edward, but that’s what you are. You’re a demon to the likes of her. You’re her Royce. // Canon à la Midnight Sun.
Crush by karenec
What does Edward think of the silent, lurking 10th grader who keeps a shrine to him in her locker?
A Different Driver by rel8tivity
What if Edward did NOT drive Bella home on blood testing day, and Mike DID? Would she bond with Mike out of gratitude? What would Edward do?
Fear by Virginia May
When Bella discovers Edward Cullen is a vampire, she is not accepting or intrigued as much as she is afraid and repulsed. Will he still be her hero on the streets of Port Angeles? Or will she finally run screaming? A lesson in fear and consequences.
Fountain of Time by Raum
Only Bella can surprise a mindreader. “I’ll need your speed, your perfect memory, and your beautiful handwriting.”
Game Called by LJ Summers
What if Alice saw the nomads coming to the vampire baseball game? How might her visions affect her and the events of that day?
Hunted in Seattle by TwiLoverSue
Edward wasn’t the only vampire to find Bella’s scent mouthwatering. A delay in her journey meant she never made it to Forks, but she did become a vampire…in the worst possible way.
Loose Cannon by CyraBear
A force of nature is barreling through the halls of Forks High School, spreading chaos in its wake.
Monthly Interruptions by Isecretlyliketwilight
Edward picks Bella up for school on March 10, 2005— His day to ask questions. The minute Bella steps out of the house, Edward smells blood. He flees knowing that he can’t be around her in this condition. Edward decides they should take advantage of these “Monthly Interruptions” to get to know each other better and to bring back the art of the love letter.
A New Hope by bonnysammy
Bella was thrust into a life she never wanted after a stranger tore her away from all she knew. Desperate for something different, but afraid of how to start, she stayed with him. Will she find hope of something better? Twi - AU
The Note by Carson Dyle
After saving Bella from the killer van, Edward retreated into stony silence, refusing to acknowledge her existence. Twilight tells us how she coped, but what if something had happened behind the scenes to complicate matters?
Nothin’ Personal by Midnight Ariel
When Edward saved Bella from being crushed by the van, he broke the law. Bella Swan cannot be trusted to keep silent. She is a threat that must be eliminated. This is Jasper’s story of what happened the night he went to end Bella Swan.
Paved with Bad Intentions by KayMarieXW
With all the other Cullens otherwise engaged, Jasper & Emmett take it on themselves to keep an eye on Bella. Despite Edward’s paranoia about the potential disasters that could befall her, how difficult could it really be to keep Bella safe?
Prom Tickets and Other Moments by duskwatcher2153
The dark, the light. The sweet, the bitter. Fluff and angst. They are all two sides of the same coin. A collection of canon moments from Twilight in that time after the return from Phoenix and before the prom.
Retribution Was Secondary by MegsD2
The walking cesspool of Port Angeles thinks it can evade justice forever. But when your number is called, and you don’t have a vampire protecting you, your time is limited. Retribution comes from the least likely places.
The Rivers of Forks by mostly a lurker
What goes on inside the mind of a fisherman? Charlie seeks the solitude and space of the Quillayute river system, unexpectedly encountering what could potentially be the best catch of his life.
Sleep Teaching by Rebadams7
A glimpse into the most perfect summer ever.
Snapshots by katmom
A vampire has perfect memory, capturing moments like snapshots in the mind.
Warm Rain, Earth, and Whiplash by SqueakyZorro
A mother’s work is never done, even when her son is a 107-year-old vampire. Do you really think Esme just stood by while Edward went all emo during Twilight? A day in the life of a mommy vamp. Rated M because wherever Esme is, Carlisle is also, and those two just find each other irresistible.
Where It’s Harder to Live by as63926
There are few places hard to get to in this world. But there aren’t any where it’s harder to live.
Worth Fighting For by idealskeptic
The two newest vegetarians in the Cullen family have to take the human girl on the run. Exposed to things they’ve never seen, blood they long for, and pasts that they can’t and don’t want to remember, Alice and Jasper are fighting for each other and themselves as much as they are for Bella.
Writers, readers and laptop warriors,
The ballot is being reissued with three fewer stories in the running and will now go until November 4th, with results on the 5th. With two stories dropping out and one case of plagiarism, there was no way I could make sense of things and salvage your previous votes. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Anyway, I’m not so easily deterred, so let’s try again!
It’s pretty and, I hope, better than the last. We shall see.
Remember, remember, results on the 5th of November.
GO READ! You can now view the Twilight entries of the Canon Tour! There are twenty-nine entries. If you read all of them, that’s roughly 159,000 words(!) for you to enjoy over the next ten days, so get on it.
When you’re satisfied that you’ve read all you want, GO VOTE for your three favorite entries. You have until the 2nd of November to do so.
Ballot results will be announced on the 3rd!