Here are all the prompts for the “New Moon” round of the Canon Tour. (There are a lot, so, you know, you can’t say you don’t have any ideas!) Please remember these are only potential prompts. You’re not required to use them, but welcome to do so if you want. :) Don’t forget this round has a new placement award, too, for “Best Use of Prompt!” Get to writing!
- A heartbroken Bella dates Mike Newtorn. It doesn’t go at all as she expected.
- A month after the Cullens leave, Alice and Jasper return.
- A mother’s love (and meddling) knows no bounds. Unbeknownst to Edward, Esme stays in touch with Bella.
- A pox on birthdays! Bella’s never had a good one. There was the time when… And then at age 10… Now, at 18, it’s chicken pox.
- A year after Edward leaves, Bella’s doing better than expected. She goes overseas on exchange, where their paths cross again.
- After Jasper attacks Bella, Edward decides to leave his family so he can maintain his relationship with Bella. (@Devy_Artemis)
- After the birthday disaster, Bella breaks up with Edward, thinking she’s hurting him by being in his life. (@Devy_Artemis) @TheCanonTour
- After three years, Jacob learns a hard lesson: some people can’t be healed, no matter how much you love them.
- At first Bella was sad when Edward left. Then she was angry. Now she’s going to get even.
- Based on this outtake (http://bit.ly/s4QbUn), Bella takes the money and gives it to those in need. Important life lessons are learned.
- Bella LOSES it and goes back on her promise. She tells the (online) world just who and WHAT Edward Cullen is.
- Bella put Renee and Charlie under considerable stress. What conversations were her parents having that she was unaware of?
- Bella takes to the road in The Thing and runs away from all that’s happened.
- Bella’s heart burns in bitter envy when she sees Angela and Ben in love with each other despite their differences. (@Devy_Artemis)
- Edward decides to commit suicide by jumping into an Andean volcano. (via @Devy_Artemis)
- Wanting to ease Bella into leaving him of her own free will, Edward does certain things that’ll make him fall in her eyes. (@Devy_Artemis)
- Emily had always been secretly jealous of Leah’s relationship with Sam…
- Give us Billy’s perspective on any/all of the following: Jacob’s change, the flight of the Cullens, Bella’s depression & friendship with J.
- Give us Victoria’s perspective as she leads Edward south and then ditches him before heading back to Forks.
- Help us understand Victoria’s undying love for her dead mate. How does this shape and fuel her vengeance?
- How did Gianna come to be in the position she is in with the Volturi?
- How does Heidi manage to lure such a large collection of tasty treats into the Volturi’s “dining hall?”
- “I stood upon a high place / And saw, below, many devils / Running, leaping, / and carousing in sin. / One looked up, grinning, / And said, ‘Comrade! Brother!’” —“I Stood Upon a High Place” by Stephen Crane
- Jacob loves Bella, but to the tribe, she’s an outsider.
- Jasper needed to feed on Bella’s birthday. What if he’d lost it at school, before her party? What if he killed in front of everyone?
- Jasper’s slip-up scares Edward into wanting to change Bella. Is she as ready to let go of her humanity as she thinks?
- Mike sometimes sees Bella as a friend, sometimes as his crush, and wishes he could fix her so she’d start living again. (@Devy_Artemis)
- On the flight back to the States from Italy, there’s stormy weather that the pilot isn’t sure they’ll survive.
- Renee takes B to Volterra. She’s killed, but B’s saved because of her gift. Learning of B’s “death,” E heads to Volterra. @Devy_Artemis
- Seeing Leah phase spurred Harry’s heart attack. How does she cope with her guilt?
- Show five brief glimpses of moments Edward missed Bella during their time apart and one time he DIDN’T.
- The Cullens are gone. Victoria’s picking off Bella’s friends one by one. Bella decides to fight back. (@BookishQua)
- The impact of the imprint on Sam: How helpless does one feel when he has no say in choosing his soulmate? (@Devy_Artemis)
- Victoria always came second to James’ machinations. What if she felt she could see some of herself in Bella Swan?
- We know that losing Edward broke Bella, but in what ways did it make her grow stronger?
- What did Jasper think about Alice going to Italy to save Edward? What did he say to Edward in the aftermath? (@BookishQua)
- What did the other students of Forks High think of the Cullens’ sudden disappearance and Bella’s depression?
- What did the teachers of Forks High think of E & B’s relationship, the Cullens’ sudden disappearance, and Bella’s subsequent depression?
- What did Victoria say that convinced Laurent to leave Irina in search of Bella?
- What happened on the first day back at Forks High after Alice, Bella and Edward’s return from Italy?
- What if Alice hadn’t returned to Forks after she saw Bella jump? What if she’d only called instead?
- What if Aro had demanded Alice change Bella right there in the chamber? Could Edward have stood by and watched?
- What if Aro had demanded Edward change Bella right there rather than waiting? Could Bella have handled being transformed?
- What if Bella had gone to Jacksonville after Edward left? What then?
- What if Bella looked like Didyme? How would that have changed the visit to Italy? (via @BookishQua)
- What if Edward got the chance to rat Aro out to Marcus for murdering his mate? (via @BookishQua)
- What if Edward had been honest with Bella about why he had to leave, but left anyway?
- What if Jacob and Bella had run away from everything? Would they get far? What would they discover about themselves and the world?
- What if Jacob had handed the phone to Bella when Edward called? Would Edward have returned?
- What if Jacob never became a shapeshifter?
- What if Jasper managed to bite Bella at her birthday party? (via @latessitrice)
- What if Sam’s “gang” really was just a gang?
- What if the Cullens had refused to leave Forks and Bella? What would Edward have done? (via @BookishQua)
- What if the Volturi crashed Bella’s birthday party? (via @BookishQua)
- What things might Bella have had to give up because they reminded her of Edward?
- What were Carlisle and Esme thinking when they decided to leave town? How did they rationalize leaving a “daughter” behind? (via @BookishQua)
- What’s a little misdemeanor when you’ve lost Edward Cullen? Seems like just yesterday Chief Swan wasn’t having to arrest his own daughter.
- What’s it like to be a new wolf? Tell us the boys’ (and girl’s) stories.
- When Edward leaves, Bella tries to keep hold of his memory by taking up piano lessons.
- When Edward wants to leave after Bella’s birthday, Alice refuses to go along with his plan.
- Who has Demetri tracked over the years?
- Who was the owner of the Yellow Porsche?
- Why exactly did Leah become the first female Quileute shapeshifter? Is she really the first?
- The Antlers - Putting the Dog to Sleep
“You’re not gonna die alone, but trust me to take you home, to clean up that blood all over your paws.”
- Blue Foundation - Bonfires
“You wash my tears away and make me wanna stay. And bonfires lit up the shores.”
- Birds Escape - You Don’t Know Me
“You don’t really want me, because you don’t really love me.”
- Emily and the Woods - Steal His Heart
“I can’t steal his heart, but I can steal back mine…”
- Florence + the Machine - Blinding
“No more dreaming like a girl so in love with the wrong world.”
- Headphones - I Never Wanted You
“No, we never connected. You only thought we did. Baby, I was faking the whole time.”
- Kleerup and Lykke Li - Until We Bleed
“So we’re bound to linger on. We drink the fatal drop, then love until we bleed. Then fall apart in parts.”
- Madeleine Peyroux - Love and Treachery
“…all was love and treachery, but isn’t anymore.”
- The National - Anyone’s Ghost
“Didn’t want to be your ghost—didn’t want to be anyone’s ghost. I don’t want anybody else.”
- Paolo Nutini - White Lies
“First love grows, and then it dies, and it’s all white lies.”
- Snow Patrol - Mysterious Ways (U2 Cover)
“You could stand there. You could move on this moment. Follow this feeling.”
- The Staves - Winter Trees [Begin at 1:00.]
“I never meant to say any of those things. Oh, I never meant to tell you how to feel or how to think. Oh, I was wrong.”